What You Need to Know About JobKeeper Extension

JobKeeper Extension

JobKeeper Extension (JobKeeper 2.0) On 21 July 2020, the Australian Government announced plans to extend the JobKeeper Payment. Originally legislated to end on 27 September 2020, the payment has been extended to 28 March 2021. Employee Eligibility From 3rd August the employee eligibility has changed allowing employers until 31 August 2020 to meet the wage condition […]

What the Outcome of the Mondelez Case Means For Your Business

Outcome of the Mondelez Case Means

On Thursday, 13 August 2020, the High Court made a landmark decision regarding the case between Mondelez Australia Pty Ltd and the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU). The dispute involved two employees at Mondelez’ Cadbury food manufacturing plant in Tasmania. In particular, the company’s method of calculating the accruing and taking of paid personal/carer’s leave. […]

What You Need to Know About the 2020 Minimum Wage Increase

2020 Minimum Wage Increase

Everything You Need to Know About the 2020-21 Minimum Wage Increase On 1 July 2020 the Australian minimum wage for 2020 to 2021 increased by 1.75% per cent to $19.84 per hour. This means a full-time employee will earn a minimum of $753.80 per week, an increase of $13 per week. However, unlike previous years, […]

How to Navigate Your Payroll During COVID-19


To support businesses and individuals impacted by COVID-19, a range of new measures have been introduced by the Australian Government, Fair Work Commission (FWC), and Australian Tax Office (ATO). These range from legislation changes and economic relief packages through to tax measures and employee entitlement changes. As a business owner or employer, you want to […]

How to Get the Most Out of the Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty

Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty

How to Get the Most Out the Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty (SGA) On 6 March 2020 the government introduced a Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty (SGA). The purpose of this amnesty is to give employers a chance to disclose and pay previously unpaid Super Guarantee Charges (SGCs), along with any nominal interest, which they owe to both past […]

How to Interpret Australia’s Complex Award System

Australia’s Award System

How to Overcome the Difficulty of Interpreting Australia’s Modern Awards In recent years, many high profile cases involving the widespread underpayment of employee wages has soured the reputation of some of Australia’s most beloved brands. From 7-Eleven and Woolworths through to Coles, Grill’d, celebrity MasterChef judge George Calombaris, and Qantas, to name a few. Each […]

Here’s What Employers Need to Know About the New Annualised Salary Requirements

New Annualised Salary Requirements

In 2019, as part of their four-yearly review of modern awards, the Fair Work Commission (FWC) made the decision to change the annualised salary provisions for 23 awards starting from 1st March onwards (except for model clause 4). Under the new legislation, employers who pay an annual salary to employees covered by certain modern awards must comply with new […]

How Outdated Payroll Software Can Hurt Your Business

Outdated Payroll Software for Business

Did you know? According to the 2019 Payroll Benchmark Report, a staggering 83 percent of 1,831 employers confessed to not having updated their payroll software since 2000.[1] That’s not all. Of the remaining 17 percent of employers who had recently updated their payroll software, three-quarters of those employers admitted to using products suited for small businesses – […]

Legislative Changes that effect Payroll 2019/20

Changes in Payroll 2019/20

The new financial year is quickly approaching and for many businesses that will mean changes will have to be made to their payroll to remain compliant with legislation. The main focus for July 1st is to have STP (Single Touch Payroll) in place.  All businesses regardless of size now need to report each payroll event […]

How to Find the Right Payroll Outsourcing Company for You

Right Payroll Outsourcing Company

Finding an efficient and effective payroll service is integral to every modern business. Whether you want to streamline operations or meet your compliance obligations, using a trusted Australian-based payroll service is the best way to ensure quality outcomes. While lots of people offer payroll services, only the very best provide the personal support and custom […]

E-Payoffice - Logo

Request a call back

E-Payoffice - Logo

Request a consultation